God bestows us with our child. Baby is a gift from god. Our lives become fulfilled with the birth of our little babies.
They are so priceless to us that we remain concerned about their safety all the time. When it comes to the point of selecting a safe crib, Baby cradle, bassinets, we become confused.
This article will make you believe in yourself for choosing the safest baby bed, crib bed cum cradle for your baby. Let’s have a look.
The difference between Cribs, bassinets, and cradles
What is Baby Crib?
You must have seen cribs in the nursery. They are usually made of wooden or metal slats from the sides. Cribs are two types according to their sizes. The standard crib has a length of 52” and a width of 28” where the mini one has a length of 38” and a width of 24”.
Pros of Crib:
- It can be used for years for the baby as it is big in size.
- Portable crib
Cons of Crib
- Cribs are so big that it cannot be moved from room to room easily.
- Traveling with cribs is next to impossible.
- Cribs are considered expensive by the parents.
- Usually heavy in weight
- It is so problematic to assemble
- A true hindrance to the mobility of a family tour.
- Security first Always- This crib is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM. All of our products are analyzed by 3rd party labs for lead and other poisonous elements to fulfill or surpass CPSC and ASTM safety standards.
- 5-IN-1 Convertible crib – A life investment, the Synergy grows with your child, easily converting from a crib into a toddler, day and full-size bed; Toddler guardrail, stabilizer, and full-sized railing sold individually. Characteristics 4 mattress height configurations.
- 13 Appealing endings – Bring your own nursery dreams to life with the Synergy. Whether you are thinking of producing an ocean-themed nursery, a whimsical mermaid themed nursery, or a minimalist contemporary nursery, the Synergy gives wings to your imagination.
- Our cribs are built to survive – Constructed out of solid reclaimed New Zealand Pine timber, the Synergy is a lasting crib that will last you a lifetime. With a traditional design, this stroller provides your little one a sleeping area that will never go out of fashion.
- Typical full size crib and steps 53.0″ L x 29.0″ W x 39.0″ H inches. For the best fit, we urge some other Dream On Me or Evolur full size.
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Crib converts into a toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 & Metal Bed Frame #0040 sold individually ); Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately)
- CONVENIENT CHANGER: The changer includes 2 shelves, 2 closets, and Includes a 27.75″ x 16″ x 1″ changing pad (safety strap attached); Easy Meeting.
- GROWS WITH BABY: 3 position mattress height adjustment lets you Lower the mattress as your infant grows; BUILT TO LAST: Sturdy wood Construction helps produce a fantasy nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or And other noxious elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety.
- SIZE: 72.5″L x 31.25″W x 43.75″H; Cuna para bebe que se convierte en una cama para nino/nina, sofa cama y cama de tamano completo.
Storkcraft Steveston 4-in-1 Convertible Crib and Changer with Drawer, Espresso Easily Converts to Toddler Bed, Day Bed or Full Bed, 3 Position Adjustable Height Mattress
- 4-IN-1 DESIGN: This 4-in-1 Convertible Crib converts easily from crib to Toddler mattress, (guardrail sold separately), day bed & even full bed This crib supplies your child with a comfortable spot to sleep for their whole life.
- This durable & flexible 4-in-1 Convertible Crib & Changer with Drawer features 3 adjustable mattress heights, two spacious open shelves & a huge drawer for handy storage. The changing table includes a water-resistant vinyl changing pad & security strap.
- THE ONLY ONE YOU NEED: Using a Range of modern finishes, Storkcraft baby cribs coordinate with any nursery. A convertible crib could function as the Only bed you will ever need to buy for your child, as they convert To numerous dimensions to grow together.
- Total BEDROOM SOLUTION: Storkcraft manufactures products for your Total infant, kid’s, or teen bedroom solution, including altering From brands like Graco, Thomasville, or Broyhill.
What is Baby Bassinets
Bassinets have a basketlike shape designed for the baby. It is smaller than cribs. A bassinet can accommodate babies from 0 to 4 months. It can be made of wood, metal, or plastic with standing on the legs of wheels.
- Bassinets are slightly smaller than cribs
- Portable bassinets far better than cribs
- The cost is comparatively lower than the crib.
- There are add-on features on bassinets.
- There are rocking bassinets also.
- Reduces the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome(SIDS) according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bassinets are not a durable option.
- It has a short life span.
- Though it costs minimal, it means also 6 months of use at most.
- It is not so weighted friendly for the healthy baby.
- Easy to attach or eliminate parents’ mattress using both fastening straps provided.
- 7 height positions to match parents’ mattress. The two-side mesh makes a more breathable and comfy room.
- Easy-open side panel for bedside manner.
- Stable bottom supported and comfy mattress with the sleeping board.
Baby Bassinets – Adjustable and Easy to Assemble Bassinet for Baby, Lightweight Baby Bassinet and Bedside Sleeper for Safe Co-Sleeping with Detachable Side Panel, CPSC and ASTM Certified Moses Basket
- FOR BABY NEWBORNS UP TO 6 MONTHS — Our baby bedside sleeper is the perfect Baby furniture for your nursery needs. With a solid, sturdy aluminum frame and comfortable, broad foundation, our bedside bassinet is simple to construct and
- 9-SETTING HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT — From the baby room to the living room, our bedside Crib can adapt to nine different heights to produce sleeping, Breast-feeding a cinch. Slides easily into place and latches securely So the baby is always securely on your own side.
- MULTI-PURPOSE BABY FURNITURE — Round the clock care with our multi-functional bedside sleeper. Our baby cot provides great air Circulation with double mesh siding and removable side for ease of access when you need to feed or alter your infant. With baby from the Side, you can unwind and get some much-needed rest.
- EASY TO SET UP — Using easy-to-follow instructions you can have your baby Bassinet set up in almost no time. Has a comfy, washable mattress combined Using a delightful audio box to lull your infant to sleep and 2 Detachable toys to keep them happy? Everything you need in a cosleeping baby mattress.
- CPSC & ASTM Certified — Each infant bassinet is tested and certified Under the stringent regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Administration and American Society for Testing and Materials.
Graco Sense2Snooze Bassinet with Cry Detection Technology | Baby Bassinet Detects and Responds to Baby’s Cries to Help Soothe Back to Sleep, Ellison
- Cry Detection Technology detects and automatically reacts to the baby’s cries to help soothe baby back to sleep
- The head-to-toe, calming movement is slow and includes varying rates to help the baby get back to sleep
- 3 different motion rates are included to provide the right rate to match the infant’s taste
- 2-speed vibration helps you to further comfort and soothe the baby.
- Choose from white noise, music or nature sounds to help soothe baby to sleep.
What is Cradles
Cradles are a temporary baby cot or bed on the pivots or rockers. It is movable than a crib. They usually have wooden sides and rocks. It has the most unique characteristic of having a rocking mechanism.
- Cradles are portable
- It is bigger than bassinets but smaller than cribs
- The rocking mechanism helps your baby for a sound sleep
- It is much durable than bassinets
- It is heavier than bassinets but lighter than cribs.
Considering the safety of the baby as the first priority, cradles can be the best place to be the bed of your baby. That is why; this article is furnished with the tips for you to choose the best cradle for the safety of your baby.
Baby Bassinet Cradle Includes Gentle Rocking Feature, Great for Newborns and Infants Safe Mattress Includes Wheels for Easy Movement High End Washable Fabric Lightweight
- SAFETY FIRST: Low height and translucent mesh side windows ensure that You always have an opinion and effortless reach of your infant, the large square Windows also guarantees plenty of airflow and ventilation in cradle bassinet.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND TRANSPORTABLE: Easy to maneuver around the home just lift and slip on the custom made wheels.
- PREMIUM MATTRESS AND SHEET INCLUDED: Includes a Premium-Comfort mattress With just the ideal firmness for a newborn infant, together with a washable cotton slipcover sheet.
- COMPLETELY WASHABLE: Fabric could be removed from the aluminum framework and washed
- EASY ASSEMBLY: Totally Simple to assemble or take apart with snap-on legs And rockers, comes with a gorgeous Green Frog carrying bag for on-the-go.
- 2 ways to swing; Side to side or head to toe.
- 2 comfy recline positions.
- 6 swing speeds, 16 soothing songs & nature sounds.
- Easy to convert to different positions—just press the button and turn.
- Machine washable, plush seat pad with deluxe Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams body insert & head support.
Green Frog, Allegro Cradle | Handcrafted Contemporary Wood Baby Cradle | Premium Pine Construction | Rocking and Stationary | Rich Espresso Color
- The Green Frog, Allegro Cradle offers a modern design with straight lines, solid side panels, and an x cross base for easy rocking
- Includes a mattress pad
- Newborn to 6 months old, 25 lb. weight capacity
- Includes all Tools for easy assembly
- Measures 39″ L x 21″ W x 35″ H
You may also like:
How to Choose the Safest Cradle
Brand New Baby Cradle
Don’t think too much if you have an ancestral cradle, and you wish to reuse this one for your newcomer baby. It is not fair. It is true that heirlooms are something special. It also saves money. Try to match with your current furniture color.
But is it right to think about saving money all the time? The modern lifestyle has created enormous life risks for the baby too. This is why; you need to adorn your baby’s life with the newly featured amenities.
The bed is an important item among them. A brand new wooden baby cradle minimizes extra risks that can be increased with the old one. So, decide the thing at first.
The breathability of the Cradles
Cradle is the bed of your baby where it will spend most of the time. So, it is your responsibility to make sure whether it is breathable or not. You must check the mattress on the sides of the cradles.
They have to carry the flow of air to the baby. Most of the cradles nowadays have a mattress with woolen material which is much breathable. But if you have to buy a mattress separately, you should check Newton Baby’s breathable Crib Mattress.
As our Wovenaire® Core baby cradle is manufactured with 10 percent of food-grade polymer and 90 percent of air, it has been proved more breathability than the organic items.
Moreover, babies should be kept on their backs for sleeping according to the Safe Sleep Guidelines of the American Academy of Pediatrics’ (AAP). It is reported that more than 3500 babies in the USA die while sleeping because of suffocation. So, you have to be careful while choosing the mattress of the cradles.
Fitness of The Mattress
As an important safety rule of babies sleeping safety, it is needed to ensure the fitness of the mattress inside the cradle or crib.
There must not much difference between the surface of the cradle mattress and the sidewalls of the cradles and cribs. The fitness should be up to the mark so that there will be no distance of more than two fingers between the mattress and the walls.
It is because there remains a chance of leg stuck of the baby which can cause further injuries. So, don’t let any space come between your baby’s safety.
Please check at first before buying a cradle for your newcomer baby. Oh, you might be wondering what it is. Let me introduce to you this word. It refers to the emission of harmful chemical and dangerous particles in the form of gas.
Can you imagine? You have bought a cradle for your loving baby, the product emits harmful things. How dangerous it will be?
Don’t worry, to help you out in that case. The Greenguard Certification Program tests all kinds of product’s chemical emission ability. It also tests the volatile organic compound (VOC) emission of all products including cradle mattresses in air.
There is no worry about finding the way out. Newton’s Crib Mattress has designed such a mattress that has acquired the Greenguard Certification Program’s, Gold Standard. Just chill and put some trust in us.
Choosing Sturdy Baby Cradle
Cradles are often too rocky as they have wheels or collapsible legs. You have to be careful while choosing the cradles. The wheels need to be sturdy enough. It means it does not tip over easily. Check the wheels lock properly.
How sweet it is to be of your baby to sleepover in the cradle. This rocking motion helps the babies go to sleep so easily. But this motion can cause hazards if it rolls your baby to the other side. So, choose the cradle that remains stationary when you are not there beside your baby.
But you need to make sure that you must not leave your loved baby while he or she is on the rocking cradle.
No Extra Bedding
As like as cribs and bassinets, don’t use extra bedding for your baby. The safest mode of bedding for a baby just let the firm cradle mattress and the fitted sheet.
You must be wondering to make crib bumpers but they are not medically right for your loved ones. Even, there is no need for any pillow. The baby will easily move its body and turn its body to the other side. No harm will happen.
If you organize some other things in bedding, they will make it too dangerous.
This rule can also be applied when your baby graduates to cribs. So, be cautious with simple bedding.
Then, you must be looking for a firm mattress with fitted sheets. We have arranged breathable, organic cotton sheets for your concern. They are so much adorable for your cute baby with four different patterns for the decoration.
Avoiding Cradles with Small Parts
This can be a huge issue because each and every infant has a common instinct to put everything in its mouth. Whatever it finds, it wants to swallow.
So, when you are willing to fix a safe cradle for your baby, do not go for looks that attract with so many small parts inside the walls of the cradles. This has a potential threat to your child. Please, look into every nock and corner side of it so that there will not any sharp things.
One more thing, don’t make the baby cradle under curtains, strings, or blinds as you don’t know what they can do with your newcomer baby.
Maintaining the Safety Guideline of Baby Cradle
Remembering the safety of the baby, the American Academy of Pediatrics’ (AAP) has articulated a complete guideline for the sleeping time of the baby. Most of them, we mentioned earlier to fix firm mattresses, etc. Others are such as:
- AAP guidelines put emphasis to put your baby’s sleep on the back. It is proved safe for the kids.
- Sharing a room with the baby also necessary for at least six months. But the baby must have its separate bed.
- Don’t place your baby on a couch, sofa, or armchair as they are can be proved dangerous for sleeping for the baby.
- It is good to swaddle your baby when he or she is on his or her back. Don’t swaddle when he or she turns around or tries to roll over.
The blessing has comes from God is the most precious thing I know. That is why; you are trying your best to fulfill your duties and save your loved ones from all types of harm. It is so obvious to be conscious while choosing the bed of a baby who has most of the time in it.
An ideal baby cradle can do some help in this context. The above are the tips that can guide you for selecting the best suitable cradle for your baby.